Why transformers are great for Fanfiction


Hello dear fellow readers, this post is why Transformers are extremely simple for fanfiction compared to other franchises that we know of, So you already know that I’m a huge TF fan and have my on fanfiction blog(two of them).

But these are the reasons why Transformers are great for fanfiction:

The Storyline is simple and easy to expand from

It’s easy to think that most franchises are very easily able to turn into fanfiction, but not as much as transformers, The basic idea is that two warring factions the Autobot and Decepticons are at war, one good one bad, The Autobots protect earth and the Decepticons want to destroy/conquer it for whatever reason.

Now you think that most franchises are like that, but their not, from what I’ve seen(correct me if I’m wrong)Much fanfic’s have a harder time(comparative) to make their universe compared to transformers, there are exceptions, but not as much as this franchise.

Like I’ve made some fanfiction versions of many Star wars character over on Star wars epics of the Sith wiki. However I find it harder to make a Universe(Mabey I’m the problem) then my transformers blogs which are no stress at all.

This is why their so many continuities and also many continuity FAMILIES, yes most are associated with G1 but most are their own separate continuities, like IDW 2005 and IDW 2019 are both G1, but their separate continuities with separate storylines.

Characters origins are more able to be changed and reimaged, that to for gropes

Usually characters are harder to reimagine then others within franchises, sure you could make a female Iron Man, but she won’t be Tony stark would she, Usually the most malleable characters are OC(original Characters) but usually they don’t count.

Transformers on the other hand are more malleable then other characters(comparably), Sure Optimus prime needs to follow some characteristics but you can change him to whatever you want, turn him into a girl, don’t see why not. Make him evil(already did that), change his origin story a bit yes sure, make him die, up to you.

And that’s a character in transformers who has the most control over his characteristics, Other characters have less restrictions, making them better for fanfic.

That goes to Factions to, In the original cartoon the Decepticons were Just a line of war-bots made by the Quintesson who hate the Autobots(because their domestic bots) and had many wars with them.

Nowadays they were a political reform movement gone wrong, corrupted into the war-loving cons we see today. Same for the Preds, they were a Decepticon team in the G1 cartoon. The Decepticons descendants In Beast wars and other G1 continuities. A faction who wages war with the Autobots instead of the cons in 2001 Robots in disguise and a grope of prehistoric cybertronians in Transformers prime.

Also Modern Autobots were showed to be corrupted and even more evil until Optimus became prime, giving legitimate reasons for the Decepticons to hate them.

Room for crossovers

Like I said before, Characters can be reimagined (as well as ideas) and the storyline is simple so their much room for crossovers. Transformers had many crossovers like G.I.Joe and Star Trek and Ghostbusters, which to tell you the truth were really good.

The whole thing about Transformers made It sure it’s able to be fitted Into a story(well technically all franchises are like that, but competitively), Like I don’t mind a DC/Transformers crossover, I would like a Star wars/Transformers and a Jurassic park/transformers crossover very much.

I mean some crossover won’t be as good(I rather not have a transformers crossover with Ben 10, but I wouldn’t mind if it did happen) but overall they were fine. Crossovers also pave way to crossover toys, which many are good, I believe though the first crossover was with Marvel(unsure) because back in the 1980 the Marvel comic G1 continuity was a part of marvel(at that time, I think)

Just, this does NOT apply to the MLP/ Transformers crossover, I fine with more inclusion for female fans but, no, It’s just the worst .Out of all of the Crossovers I heard, It’s probably the only one I dislike very much.

Hope you enjoyed this blogpost

Suleforger




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transformers shattered glass

Some Space Marines Drawings I've made

Revised Suleforgerverse Timeline