Why is tech in G.I.Joe so advance


Hello dear fellow readers, today I’m actually going to do a G.I.Joe theory (but since my blog is a Hasbro cinematic universe-like blog) but it’s linked to transformers in a way, as they play a big part in this theory (though this is also head canon for me as well).

So as some G.I.Joe fans might know, the franchise is about a grope of US operatives who fight against a Terrorist organisation called Cobra. One aspect of the show though like many other sci-fi/action shows is their advance technology, pretty advance for the 1980s(or today for that matter).

Out of Universe, the reason why G.I.Joe and Cobra fight with laser weaponry is because at the end of the day Hasbro was a toy company during the 1980s, so they needed to tone it down to make it child friendly, but what’s the in universe explanation for these advancements.

Well the most likely explanation is that they were just advancements on their part, I mean they could have just invented the tech, it’s a cartoon after all. Probably cobra had help from Cobra-la, though they prefer bio-tech.

However if they share their universe with other Hasbro properties, like it’s contemporary Transformers, then you might have a more Extraretinal explanation to how their so advance in the show and may be a more interesting hypothesis.

Consider that the Transformers might exist in the G.I Joe universe, a source for these advancements can make sense. Cybertronians as you know are ancient alien robots from the planet Cybertron, with many individuals being many millions of years old.

Any space faring species, especially ones who are million years old, would have advance technologies that would be lightyears away from ours. And as many movies like to show is that humans would like to reverse engineer their tech for human purposes.

Imagine this, after a great battle between the Autobots and Decepticons, a Seeker or some other cybertronian is left dead on the battlefield. Though their factions would care for their dead. Either the government or Cobra could get to their dead body first.

Then they could reverse engineer them to invent new weapons, though the Autobots might mind that the government are using their dead friends for nefarious purposes(a theme in the Age of Extinction film), their has been many cases in TF lore of reverse engendering Transformers.

So it’ doesn’t seem farfetched for at least somebody like Destro at least do such a thing. I mean it at least explains the existence of laser weaponry. they could at least revered engineer their blasters they left behind in battle.

Thanks for reading,

Suleforger
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transformers shattered glass

Some Space Marines Drawings I've made

Revised Suleforgerverse Timeline