Transformers ROTB Review
Hello dear fellow readers, Today I’m going to have a short review(with spoilers) about the movie Transformers Rise of the Beasts, which was this year’s Transformers theatrical release, after watching it in the theatres a week or two ago.
So as a Transformers fan, I really loved the film as a whole. Despite not having much discontent with the Bayverse films, I think I enjoyed ROTB much more than most of the films from the previous continuity, though I still enjoy ROTF and the Bumblebee movie.
I personally think that they more or less nailed Unicron so far as a character as being a cosmic threat. Even though he never really fights in the film, he is an overarching threat just by existing throughout the film, and I can’t wait for him to be in future instalments.
Speaking of him, I found the opining scene with him eating the Maximal planet quite scary to be honest. Their were also a number off jump scares from the Freezers across the film, and I sometimes forgot that it wasn’t a horror movie in those scenes.
I’m going to list some things I found interesting and/or strange from the film:
I find in interesting that only Cybertronians could only see the beam emitted from the Transwarp key, which while explains why nobody saw an energy beam in the sky, doesn’t explain why nobody besides the government didn’t see Unicron(as of now).
I also found in interesting that Mirage could be fixed with spare car parts, as usually Cybertronians can only be fixed with Cybertronian parts, well Optimus was somewhat fixed by cade with truck parts in Age of extinction, but to this degree?
Speaking of Mirage, I think this the first time in TF history that a transformer turned into a mech suit, sure we had the headmasters, and Cobybot from the Unicron trilogy. Along with the G1 Exosuits and other special armour human protagonists are given in TF cartoons, but not a combination of both of them as one.
I personally didn’t think that Bumblebee actually died, but rather was in stasis lock, throughout the entire film. This is usually because most of the time a good surge of energon can heal a bot in stasis lock, but then again they could have been like when Bumblebee died in Transformers prime.
In terms of Deaths the Maximals had the most for the protagonist side(not counting Terrorcon), with two out of the five Maximals in the movie dying(though to be fair, Apelinq was mean to die in the first place, so he is different I suppose compared to Airazor death).
Thanks for reading this far, I rate this Movie a 9.1/10 with criticism, however you should definitely see this movie if you’re a TF fan.
Suleforger

Comments
Post a Comment